Pages

Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Everything is Temporary

A few days ago I wrote a post about how I didn't really understand Cherry Blossoms and the Sakura Season, but I changed my mind.

I went for a walk around Kinuta Park with my friend the other day, the blossoms had started falling from the trees, it looked like snow falling (also known as Sakura-fubuki), and the ground was covered, it was simply beautiful.


And I suddenly had this feeling of melancholic peacefulness, and the thought that Sakura season is just so short, and that we should celebrate the beauty of it whilst it lasts.

It reminded me that absolutely everything in life is temporary, life itself is temporary and we should celebrate every single moment of it. Even the bad times are fleeting, feelings fade, and we should truly live in the moment and be thankful for everything we have.

A work colleague also explained that the sakura often represents the national character of Japan, it has a Samurai soul, a Samurai must live a beautiful life of honour, but be prepared to die at any time. Just like the cherry blossoms.
The beauty of that thought alone is enough to make me appreciate the Sakura Season.

I'll leave you with some pictures of my friends and the small Hanami we had.



6 comments:

  1. Is that pink Pepsi? What does it taste like?

    It looks so beautiful with all that cherry blossom on the floor, and the Samurai soul thing is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very sweet with a hint of a cherry taste. It's delicious.

      Yes I think it's at it's most beautiful right now!

      Japanese culture is full of beautiful stories like that. It's so peaceful here, even whilst it's busy!

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely post and now I wish I could dive in and sample that food too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next year you can come join us for Hanami!

      I never thought octopus would be one of my favourite foods!

      Delete
  3. Love this post. That everything is temporary and living in the moment is something I have been thinking a lot about recently. It looks like a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a good life philosophy. It's also a good reminder that however bad you feel it's temporary.

      Yes, the parks here are beautiful!

      Delete

I adore all your comments,
They simply make my day,
So don't be shy,
And please comment away...