Pages

Sunday, 24 July 2016

Old Habits Die Hard

Once again it's been a long while since I've posted. I came to the realisation that I've been in Japan almost 6 months now.

I'm loving my time here, but before I came I had ideas and plans, things I wanted to do and achieve, and whilst it's in my nature to be my own worst critic, and be really harsh on myself, there's no point in being harsh if you don't step up and change.

So perhaps this is being written for myself more than you, dearest readers, but it's about time I worked on achieving some of those things. So this is my pledge:

I solemnly swear that from today I will:

  1. Write one blog post a week.
  2. Spend some time each day studying Japanese, because it turns out you can't just learn the language by osmosis (unfortunately.)
  3. Spend some time each week working on the book I always promised myself I would write.
  4. Keep my damn room tidy!
This might change as I make progress, and I might add more, as time goes on and things change. But for now 4 things is achievable.

What about you guys? Anything you plan to achieve, anything you'd like to change about yourselves?

1 comment:

  1. I plan to see you at Christmas! :)

    But in general I'm too hard on myself, so I'm pledging to be nicer to and about myself, and to try to make as many other people happy as possible. Also - new tattoos. Time to move on from some choice scars.

    ReplyDelete

I adore all your comments,
They simply make my day,
So don't be shy,
And please comment away...