Pages

Saturday, 6 August 2016

Boss Coffee

Working life can be hard right? Especially when you're so busy all the time. How's a girl with insomnia supposed to survive? In the UK my survival technique was tea, good old British Tea with milk and sugar. Here I've had to get myself onto something stronger and fast! Don't worry, it's nothing illegal, just coffee!

When I was first here I had a bad habit of buying Starbucks everyday but at close to  ¥400 (approx £3) and sometimes more per coffee I quickly had to stop buying Starbucks. I moved on to buying canned coffees.


Now having lived in Liverpool for a huge chunk of my life I couldn't resist buying coffees from the Suntory range of Boss Coffee. For those of you uneducated about a Scouser's use of the word "boss" it's generally used to portray something positive, something awesome. If something's good you'll often hear a Scouser say "Aw that's boss, that is!" So when a brand of coffee describes itself as boss, could I really say no?


Now here's the catch, Boss Coffee, well it's just not that "boss!" It's just your general run of the mill coffee, no better or worse than any other can/carton/cup of coffee I've tasted. In fact it's a little too sweet for me, that said I shouldn't really be blaming this on the coffee brand and more on my total lack of Japanese skills, I guess if you can't read the language there's no way to know if it has sugar in it or not!


The "boss" thing about Boss Coffee is most definitely the adverts, if you've not seen them before check these out: https://youtu.be/lWYtrF1z5mc


Boss right? 

2 comments:

  1. I spend so much money on coffee it is unreal, I'm sure I have a huge problem haha

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it's only a problem if you're going round screaming at people when you don't have your coffee fix! I spend so much money on coffee too. NEED CAFFEINE!!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore all your comments,
They simply make my day,
So don't be shy,
And please comment away...