Pages

Thursday, 6 July 2017

Changes

Over a year ago I decided to move to Tokyo and try my chances here. Being from the countryside I've always loved the anonymity of big cities and you can't get much bigger than this.


Tokyo Tower, Roppongi
Tokyo Tower - Like Blackpool Tower, only better!


Since coming here I've been out of my comfort zone a lot, I've had to speak to random people to make friends, I've actually had to be social! But I've met some amazing people, and made some great friends. I've learnt that life is sometimes about changing and saying goodbye, and that nothing is permanent, and that if you're more open to opportunities they come your way.

Narration Voice Over work
A face for Radio

I've been lucky, I've done narration work for apps for English Learners and for some top secret project I can't even speak about. I had to sign forms like a responsible adult to prove I'd keep my mouth shut.

And some shameless self-promotion here, but for those of you who miss seeing my ugly mug, or hearing my messed-up accent, I've had the chance to appear in videos as an actor/presenter teaching English to Japanese people. WITH PROFESSIONAL MAKE-UP AND LIGHTS AND CAMERAS!!!!


(Don't speak to me, I'm a real actress now... who says fame doesn't go to your head?) 

Anyway if you're interested in watching, you can check out my terrible acting here: 




And if you want to see me presenting you can see that here: 



It would be much appreciated if you were to follow the YouTube page

Anyway enough of the shameless self-promotion, I guess really what I wanted to say was getting out of my comfort zone has made me a stronger, more confident person and I've changed in ways I didn't think I could. I recommend to anyone challenging themselves to do just one thing that puts them outside their comfort zone.

As my blog has been reborn I'm interested in hearing the feedback of those who have stuck with me, or any of my newer readers, so do you have any suggestions for anything you'd like to see or read about from me? If so let me know in the comments box, or reach out via Twitter or my new Facebook page.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

4 comments:

  1. I love your stories Roxy! I'm in opposite shoes! from tokyo to a small country town in Australia! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying reading. I'd be interested to hear some of your stories one day and how you feel moving the opposite way! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm really enjoying these blogs, I must say even though I knew you where going to appear on the videos when I seen you I was like "It's roxanne *squells*" haha
    I would personally love to see more of everything, Japan is a place I would love to visit hopefully in the not too distant future 😎, maybe we could see little videologs in future blog posts maybe... Just maybe. Even if it's just you walking down the street describing the sights and smells with the overall atmosphere. I enjoy coming home to see you've done a post:)

    Take care xx

    OH P.s
    Have you still got my business card?
    Patrick Bateman :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're enjoying reading! You didn't turn off the video and run in horror then? >.<

      Hopefully you can visit one day, I'd be happy to show you some of my favourite places.

      I'll consider Vlogging, I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet!

      I believe I still have you business card, but If I don't I'm very disappointed and ashamed of myself.
      x

      Delete

I adore all your comments,
They simply make my day,
So don't be shy,
And please comment away...