Pages

Monday, 24 July 2017

My Top 5 Tips for Beauty Shopping in Seoul

Once upon a time on a blog not so different to this one (FACT: It was this one) I used to write about beauty products. Makeup, skincare and cosmetics have always been a little obsession of mine. So when I had the chance to go to Seoul, Korea I knew I'd be in shoppers heaven.

Now I'm not much of a travel blogger, as I tend not to plan my trips too much and just go with the flow and see what happens, but I guess people are always curious about travel pictures, even if it is my terrible photography, so here's a few pictures for those of you who are not on my Instagram.


All the food... Well almost all!
So above you can check out the few pictures of some of the amazing Korean food I tried - including a machine that makes instant noodles for you!

Seoul itself also has some amazing things to see. Check out the pics below! I was too lazy to take many pictures. Don't judge me!!
The only good photos I took!


I guess there is a lot more in Seoul than just cosmetics, but more for those not beauty obsessed, however this  short post is mostly just for the beauty lovers. So feel free to skip if cosmetics aren't for you. I'll catch you in my next post!


Tony Moly had a sale!!! I had to restrain myself.

Myeong-Dong was the best place to shop for me, so I'm going to share my top tips (if I can even call them that) Also I realise this post should be saturated with beautiful pictures, but I was too busy shopping - sorry not sorry!


1.Walk around first, there are plenty of shops and some are the same or stock similar products so either go with an idea of what you want or at least price up the products.

2. When inside a shop be prepared to have a sales assistant follow you around like your shadow. Korean beauty shop assistants have no chill and will literally be stuck to your side whilst you try to shop. Thankfully this technique stopped me spending too much.

3. Outside some shops there are people giving away free face masks, if you look in the shop. Be prepared for the shop assistant to try to sell you every product in the store if you take a face mask!

4. Barter, even if you can't speak the language look prepared to walk away and some of the shops automatically drop the prices, or throw in free stuff.

And finally...

5. Bring a whole lot of money and a guy to carry your shopping bags!


A small selection of what I bought


In all I had a fab time experiencing the food, drink, culture and cosmetic shopping in Seoul. I have no regrets, but my bank balance does.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I love Seoul, and I lvoe Korean cosmetics. I'd be dangerous let loose in Myeong-Dong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was dangerous. My bank hates me now!! But fab times x

      Delete

I adore all your comments,
They simply make my day,
So don't be shy,
And please comment away...